The Vermont Futures Project has partnered with Richard Watts, Director of the Center for Research for Vermont, to deploy a Vermont statewide survey to folks taking refuge in Vermont during the COVID-19 pandemic. The objective of this project is to learn what these temporary residents would need to make Vermont their permanent residence. As Vermont has struggled for decades to grow its population, the current pandemic could be an opportunity to welcome new migrants. Our rural, open green spaces coupled with a desire for a great quality of life may be what many urban dwellers are seeking. The survey will open this conversation with questions and storytelling. The results will be shared with community and business leaders, policy makers, and others to help inform our next steps.
- Racial Diversity and Equity Data Sets October 8, 2020
- Vermont Futures Project Welcomes New Board Members October 6, 2020
- Live Where You Love September 23, 2020
- Vermont’s Taxing Dilemma: A Long-Term View August 19, 2020
- Racial Justice In Vermont June 30, 2020